Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sleepy Time Reading

I'm a little miffed right now because my husband lost my library card, a card I have managed to keep track of for six years. He had it for one day and poof, gone from existence. I probably wouldn't be so annoyed about it, but Delirium is waiting to be picked up, and I'm unable to go up there myself to get a new card right now.


I haven't been able to read much in the last couple of days, anyway, so I suppose the book can sit at the library for another day or two. The medicine I was given after my gallbladder surgery doesn't agree with reading. I have to keep shaking my head and looking away from the book now and then to avoid falling asleep. I'm feeling much better today, though, which means goodbye to the pain pills.


I've been planning ahead for the June and July month challenges. It's amazing how few book titles begin with the letter J, and of course, there's yet another Y to contend with. Between my Nook wishlist, my library wishlist (physical and eBook), and the books I have yet to read at home, I couldn't find a single J. I resorted to checking my recommendations on Goodreads and got lucky there.


I've found a lot of interesting reading challenges. I'm more into short terms goals, so I'll be changing most of them to fit a monthly basis.


I started writing a story for a We ♥ YA Books! creative writing contest yesterday. It ended up going to a weird place, and now I'm wondering how in the world I got there. It's crazy when your own writing creeps you out. I'll post the finished product here, and you can decide for yourself if I'm cuckoo bugoockoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment